Skip to content

General

General

Categories

93 results found

1. I just found that SHIFT + right/left arrow changes the color of the card. I can't find this documented anywhere. Either create a tips and tricks page, or, spin up a wiki and let the community do this work. How many other valuable features are hidden from me? :-)

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The text is all backwards, it must be a bug, right?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Once I type text onto a card, I do not seem to be able to edit it without wiping it all out and starting over. (Safari 6.0.5)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. From:
    Sent: 28 November 2013 16:19
    To: 'support@cardboard.com'
    Subject: FW: Transferring data from CardMapping to CardBoard doesn't seem to work... Please help.

Trying again having removed the image which might be why your servers are bouncing my email…

The image showed the map after an import and showed that all the text was back to front so unless you were looking at the screen over your shoulder through a mirror or were comfortable reading text backwards the map is unusable.

Sent: 28 November 2013 16:04
    To: 'support@cardboard.com'
    Subject: Transferring data from CardMapping to CardBoard doesn't…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, this has to do with 3d rendering in Chrome. Right now, when your GPU is disabled, only in Chrome, you’re not going to be able to use the site properly. We’re working on something to make this easier.

5. How do I create a slice? I click on it but have no idea what to do next.
    how can you create connections between boards?
    How do you create cards in a way that feeds the excel output the way you need it?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Love the idea - I'm a big fan of user story maps and this would really make it great for distributed teams.

Tried to use CardBoard (from Firefox) and found that:

• When editing the description of a card, the backspace key loads the previous page in the browser. Had to navigate back to the map and try again.

• Trying to work around the previous issue by using arrow keys and the DEL key led to the entire card being deleted.

• UNDO didn't get the card back.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The mouse cursor looks right, but the keyboard does nothing. I was able to type on the back of a card (after flipping it). I can't seem to drag a card either.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, this has to do with 3d rendering in Chrome. Right now, when your GPU is disabled, only in Chrome, you’re not going to be able to use the site properly. We’re working on something to make this easier.

8. When I drag a new card onto the board, it has no text. I go to type text on it and the first time I do so I don't see the text. If I type it again, it shows up. However, whenever I go to another page and come back, the text is gone. How do you save text?

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

I’m following up on a request that was first submitted to cardboardit.com in 2013 (better late than never!) – for a live update when several users are working on a map at the same time. You’re recieveing this message because you upvoted it. It’s in! The collaborator button in the upper right hand of the board will blink green when others are making edits on the board. Click the button, and at the bottom you’ll see the email addresses of who it is.

If you’re no longer a user, and since this has been so long in the coming, please reach out to me if I can assist you in signing up for another trial. We’d love to have you back.

Austin

10. by trial and error, I am discovering certain keyboard shortcuts. a simple document would be helpful

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Just for readability mostly. It's a bit difficult to read.

This is the big advantage to a digital sticky - I can reformat, add/remove ideas without wasting paper.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

I’m following up on a request that was first submitted to cardboardit.com in 2013 (better late than never!) – supporting text formatting. Well it’s in the app now! The back of cards support markdown. A quick overview of what you can do with it can be found here – https://github.com/adam-p/markdown-here/wiki/Markdown-Cheatsheet

We’ve made a lot of changes to CardBoard in the three years since you voted for text formatting to be added, and we would love if you came back and gave us another look. Please reach out to me if I can assist you in signing up for another trial.

Austin

12. The problem I'm trying to solve is being able to share the storyboard maps with a large number of people. However, I don't want everyone to be able to start moving cards around.

Using VersionOne I've discovered that I can add a link to the story and share the map with others directly within the application. However, if I add all users as collaborators then they'll all be able to modify it. Ideally, there would be a read only view of the map that can be shared outside of explicitly adding collaborators.

A read only view of the map solves…

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve updated our community model last year (Summer 2015) to make communities more collaborator-centric. Along with that, we added the idea of viewers, people who can be added to boards to see read-only views. They must be in your community to be added to a board.

13. Sometimes I have a need to do a mass update on the text or colour of existing cards, or to import a lot of cards into an existing map.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently Apr 2013 cannot select a card from menu on iOS device to create a new map, new card.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great to be able to add links onto a card. For example so that we could link to internal confluence pages where more information could be stored....

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

I’m following up on a request that was first submitted to cardboardit.com in 2012 (better late than never!) – the ability to add links on cards. You’re recieveing this message because you upvoted it. Well, it’s in the app! We now support markdown on the back of cards, and a whole lot of other changes are in place as well.

Since this has been so long in the coming, please reach out to me if I can assist in signing up for another trial. We’d love to have you back.

Austin

18. If I drag a card and hover between columns, the columns to the right should automatically slide over 1 column.

Likewise, if I hover between rows, the cards beneath the hover point should automatically slide down 1 row.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide a mini map so you can see a thumbnail view of the entire board while you are zoomed into a specific location on the board.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

I’m following up on a request that was first submitted to cardboardit.com in 2012 (better late than never!) – providing a mini map. Well it’s in the app now! Simply click the [Mini Map] on the top center of the board and a lower window open to show you a bird’s eye display of your map. If you see a place on your map you want to go to, simply click a spot on your mini map and you will be scrolled to your selection.

We’ve made a lot of changes to CardBoard in the four years since you voted for a mini map to be added, and we would love if you came back and gave us another look. Please reach out to me if I can assist you in signing up for another trial.

Austin

20. I'd like to identify which slices apply to certain users, the status of cards (Done, In Progress, etc.), or be able to creatively select cool ways of visually displaying what matters to my team.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

I’m following up on a request that was first submitted to cardboardit.com in 2012 (better late than never!) – the ability to add various icons to uniquely label cards. Well it’s in the app now! You can add annotations to cards with a right click. We made them large and in the way because we don’t want them to be over looked or ran away from. It’s also a nice way to mark a card and then quickly find in the mini-map.

Part of the original request was also to set the status of cards – that’s in, too! With a right click you can mark a card as not started, in progress, and done.

We’ve made a lot of changes to CardBoard, and would love if you came back and gave us another look. Please reach out to me if I can assist you in signing up for…

• Don't see your idea?